14 Apr Cacao-Tulsi Latte
If you’re looking for a morning pick me up without the jitters from caffeine, you’ll love this delicious Cacao-Tulsi Latte. Lightly sweetened with natural dates and flavored with cinnamon stick, it is soothing to the nerves, nourishing to the heart and clarifying to the mind.
(Makes 1 serving)
2 ounces of boiling water
1 date, pitted
1 inch stick cinnamon
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
1 teaspoon tulsi powder
2 tablespoons roasted cashews
10 ounces of boiling water
1. Pour 2 ounces of boiling water into a high-powered blender (i.e., Vitamix or BlendTec). Add the date, cinnamon stick, cacao, tulsi powder and salt. Let set for 1 hour (or overnight). This allows the flavors to merge together and the dates, cacao and cinnamon to soften.
2. Boil the additional 10 ounces of water and add to the blender*, along with the cashews. Bend until completely liquefied and frothy (about 3-5 minutes).
More great recipes in The Essential Ayurvedic Cookbook available on Amazon
*Safety tips for blending hot liquids:
• Never fill the blender more than 50%;
• Cover the lid with a dry towel then place your hand on top of the towel to hold the lid in place.
• Roast the cashews in bulk on a parchment lined baking sheet at 250⁰F for 30 minutes or until golden brown; remove from oven and cool completely; store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 months.
• In step 1, you can do the soaking overnight then continue with step 2 in the morning.
Purchase tulsi powder online www.letsallbehealthy.com
Purchase organic cacao nibs in LA at The Santa Monica Co-Opportunity or Internationally at Whole Foods Market.
All images and content on this site are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without my permission. If you’d like to share this recipe on your site, please re-write the recipe in your own words and link to this post as the original source. Thank you.